Mr. Golok Kumar Simli
Chief of Technology | Ministry of External Affairs, India
Shri Golok Kumar Simli is an award winning Technology Leader whose contribution towards National eGovernance Plan of India during its inception in the year 2006-07 was noteworthy. His effort to digital transformation within public sectors has been immense. He has written many articles on use of ICT in Government Service Delivery Transformation and spoken at various national and international seminars on Digital Transformation. He has helped in steering and ensuring smooth delivery of passport services at the doorstep of the citizen in India, one of India’s most successful eGovernace Project. He has been also guiding and contributing to use of Emerging Technology in Public Sectors. His keen areas of interest are Cloud, Big-Data, Analytics, AI and RPA. He has architected and implemented Cyber Security and Data and Information Security framework for the enterprise and Government sectors. Currently, Mr. Simli is serving as the Chief of Technology for Passport Seva Programme in the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
He carried a wide range of experience exceeding 26 years in ICT, starting with Private Sector, Public Sector Undertaking, Reserve Bank of India and more than 14 years with Government Ministry/Department.
Awards & Accolades:
- Received “Innovation Heroes Award 2020” from DynamicCIO
- Received “CIO PowerList 2020” from Core Media Group
- Digital Icon Award-2019 from Indian Express Group
- Amity Excellence Award for Technology Innovation and Leadership 2018
- Dataquest Digital Leader-Technovator of the Year Awards 2018
- Dataquest ICT Awards 2016-17, one of the most coveted award in IT Industry for innovative use of ICT in Government
- Financial Express, Express IT Award-2016
- National Award for eGovernance – Gold, 2014-15, from Government of India, for outstanding performance in Citizen Centric Service Delivery
- “SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD”, 2014-15, for successful implementation of Passport Seva Programme from former External Affairs Minister, Government of India, Smt. Sushma Swaraj
- Business Impact Award – 2014-15, from CIO & Leader, 9.9 Media House
- Felicitated with “Innovative Heroes Award” awarded by Dynamic CIO & Innovation WorkGroup
- Won Certificate of Achievement for “Pocket CIO” and Certificate of “Regional Winner of Enterprise Security” awarded by IT NExT, 9.9 Media
- Member of Technical Committee of ePassport, External Affairs Ministry, Government of India.