Chairman | Korea Data Center Expert Group
Globally recognized expert Ph.D. as a Data Center (DC) Engineer and Operations Manager who had experience on all data center life cycles (Design, Implementation/Construction, Operations and Decommissioning).
Financial analysis underwriting on 2 DC Constructions (Samsung SDS Sangam and Chuncheon DC), 2 Renovations (Samsung SDS Gwacheon and Gumi DC), Operations of several datacenters (Samsung SDS and Microsoft DCs) and knowledge of Korea DC market, power supply capacity of Korea Power Company (KEPCO) which is the most important criteria when evaluating DC location.
Experience of network design/implementation, 18 projects management.
Korea Delegate of ISO/IEC JTC1(Joint Technical Committee)/SC39: Sustainability, IT and Data Center, Technical Committee Member of Green Data Center Certification Committee of Korea.
- Information Technology – Data Centres – Guidelines for Resource Efficient Data Centres, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 39, ISO/IEC PDTR 30133 for Ballot, Jan. 2018
- Guidelines for Resource Efficient Data Centers (Telecommunication Technology Association of Korea (TTA) Standard (TTAK.KO-10.0978), Jun. 2017
- Datacenter Handbook (Ch8. Overview of Data Centers in Korea), John Wiley and Sons, Inc. 2014
- Modern Heuristic Optimization Techniques, (Ch.13 Application of Evolutionary Technique to Power System Vulnerability Assessment), IEEE Press, John Wiley & Sons inc. 2008
– Power System Assessment using AI (Neural Network, Machine Learning – Support Vector Machine)
The Citation from the Minister of Science and Technology of Korea for contributions to the advancement of Korea’s data center industry and policy/standard.
International friendship professional network with leading design industry pioneers.